“Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young.”

- William Somerset Maugham

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Frustrated with Rocks and Failing at Hard Places...

I've realized the last few days how much I enjoy problem solving. I had to change a light bulb at work, but it was one of those artsy-mini ones that can point in a million directions so I had no idea how to unscrew any of it. And it took me a while to figure it out. I began to think about all the different little projects that I have enjoyed figuring out, typically things I have had to build (don't get too excited, they've all been furniture pieces that I've followed the directions, ie desks, tables, chairs, etc etc etc. Nathan still does not do physical activity, save for walking, and not just from A to B but also as a leisurely activity).
Anyway, the thought progressed to "Man, I really enjoy problem solving in general. Laying out an issue and figuring out each part so to complete the entire thing. That's probably why I'm a writer..."
And then, the thought became "Oh my god! I hate when the solution to a problem is 'wait' or 'you can't do anything.'"
And now I'm frustrated with problems that have solutions that are "waiting" or are "out of my hands."

That's it. That's my rant.
Short
Sweet
To the point
...? Maybe not.
Realized I hadn't written in a while, so thought I might jot a bit.

I'm also frustrated with gravity, but that's a different rant, and also most likely more to blame on my clumsiness...

1 comment:

  1. i completely agree with this. except that i freaking love physical activity that requires building shit.

    ReplyDelete