“Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young.”

- William Somerset Maugham

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Watterson For President"

"April is the cruelest month--"
but it's also Poetry Month (thank you Academy of American Poets). Many poets celebrate this time by writing as much poetry as they can, the goal is to write one piece every day. While I was too caught up in other things to attempt this, I tip my hat as far and low as I can to Danny Sugimoto.
However, since I found a spare hour today, I wrote a piece to share.
"Watterson For President"
4/14/10

And they say there's no hope.
They cry in the streets that this is just how it is.
The only way.
Well baby, I see skies of blue and that gives me a new hope.
Because in the face of the easy path,
the dark path,
Skywalker didn't just say "anger's easier,"
he chose the meeker side of things.
And in a world with "too few role models"
and "a stupid game" called war,
I'll start a revolution of playing peace,
even if it's only me and two comic characters...
because
we all gotta start somewhere.
 I enjoy the idea of this one, not as much as the execution. For a better understanding read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment